1. Requirements for Admission
·Undergraduate Program: The applicant should have a high school diploma, be in good health, and below the age of 35 years.
·Master's Program: The applicants should have earned a bachelor's degree and should provide two academic recommendation letters. The applicants should be in good health and below the age 45 years.
·Doctoral Program: The applicants should have obtained master's degree and should provide two academic recommendation letters.. The applicants should be in good health and below the age of 50 years.
·Program for General visiting students: The applicants must have a bachelor's degree or currently enrolled at a University. Students should be in good health & below the age of 50.
·Program for Senior visiting students: The applicants must have at least a master's degree, be in good health, and below the age of 50 ·Chinese Language Learners or short-term students: Any students living abroad in good health can apply for the Chinese language training program, between the ages of 18-50.
2. Materials to be submitted
1) Application Form to Southwest University of Political Science and Law (in Chinese or English).
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). University students or applicants employed shall provide proof of studying or employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
3) Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide notarized copies of their previous study transcripts. Applicants for master's degree studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English;
4) Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words);
5) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Recommendation letters should have the signatures of professors or associate professors;
6) Transcripts of HSK test or other certificates of Chinese Proficiency (if applicable);
7) Published academic papers or other academic achievements (original or photocopy);
8) Two recent photos (white background, in passport size). Please write down the applicant’s name and major at the back of the photo;
9) Photocopy of the applicant’s passport;
10) The photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (in English).
The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
Note: The application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.
3. How to Apply
a. Option 1: Come to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office, SWUPL in person with the required materials.
b. Option 2: Mail the application materials to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office, SWUPL
1) Directly contact with the International Cooperation and Exchange Office, SWUPL, obtain a copy of the Application form to SWUPL", "Physical Examination Record Form".
2) All the documents, including the application forms, school diplomas, a copy of the physical examination record issued by public hospitals, and the application fees are to be sent to the International Cooperation and Exchange Office of SWUPL.
b. Apply for Chinese visa and time of enrollment
To qualified and accepted students an admission notice and a JW 202 Form will be granted, with which, and together with the original Physical Examination Record, the applicants can apply a visa at the Chinese Embassy or Chinese Consulate in the applicants’ countries. Those whose term of study is shorter than 6 months should apply for Visa X2. Those whose term of study is longer than six months should apply for Visa X1.
4. The deadline for application and time of new academic year
1) An academic year consists of spring and autumn semesters, the division of which follows the schedule of Chinese spring festival and varies from year to year. Autumn semester: from the 1st Sep. to late January of the next year; Spring semester: from late February or early March to mid July;
2) For degree students in SWUPL application is accepted once a year, the deadline for application is June 15 each year;
3) For Non-degree students' application is accepted twice a year, the deadline for application is June 15 and December 15 each year.
5. Contact Information
Address:The International Cooperation and Exchange Office of SWUPL,301 Baosheng Road,Yubei District, Chongqing 401120,P.R.China
Please visit the official website of School of International Education to get details.